Halloumi with Mediterranean Relish
The fresh flavors of local summer tomatoes and herbs really shine in this Halloumi with Mediterranean Relish recipe. Make it on Meatless Mondays or for a light weekend lunch. Quick and easy to prepare, it will only take a moment to put together. Having time to sit down and appreciate the bounty of summer might make make it taste even better.
8 ounces petite heirloom tomatoes
2 cloves roasted garlic
2 ounces kalamata olives
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 tablespoon fresh oregano
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
8 ounces halloumi
4 cups small leaf lettuce
- In a food processor, pulse together tomatoes, roasted garlic, kalamata olives, scallions, parsley, oregano, 2 tablespoons olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper until chunky.
- Slice halloumi log into 8 equal slices.
- Brown halloumi slices in remaining olive oil in large skillet over medium heat for about 2 minutes each side.
- Arrange lettuce on platter or small plates.
- Add warm halloumi and top with relish.
- Serve immediately.
Sometimes, I make the relish the day before. If you’re doing meal prep, you can make it earlier in the week.
Depending upon what fresh herbs are available, I switch them up. Basil is a favorite.
While petite or cherry tomatoes are suggested, you can use any chopped fresh tomato.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 4 grams
Sugar alcohols: 0 grams
Total carbs: 10 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Fat: 43 grams
Protein: 13 grams
Glycemic load: 1